Premier California Bear Hunting Guides
- Fully Guided 3 Day Bear Hunt
- Accommodations Can Be Provided
- Best Hunting In California
- No Harvest Re-Booking Included*
- Field Dressing & Skinning Included
- Non-Hunting Guests Fee Available
Bear Hunt Terms and Conditions:
- A $500 non-refundable deposit must be received immediately when booking a hunt and the balance paid in full upon arrival.
- All cancellations must be within 30 days of opening day of the season.
- Deposits are nonrefundable and are required to hold the spot you have booked.
- Deposits may be changed to another open slot if available in the event of an emergency.
- We may help you obtain your tags and licenses for you.
- The client is responsible for obtaining the hunting license and game tag before the hunt is conducted and must be in your possession at all times.
- Our clients/hunters are required to sign a hunting agreement and release of liability.
The State of California Department of Fish & Game governs all hunts. In California, Black bear tag applications are available for purchase if you are at least 12 years of age and possess a California hunting license.
Our black bear hunts are conducted on public and private hunting land. The terrain is usually very rugged. At times, a hike into a very remote canyon is necessary. The use of Mountain bikes, horses and Atv’s are available depending on the location. Our Best hunts are a walk-in approx. 5 miles into private timber land. Our preferred method is to hunt out of ground blinds over well known wallows.
Generally the season for Black Bears opens the 2nd Saturday of September to late December. The bag limit is one adult black bear per season. Cubs and females with cubs may not be taken. A cub is a bear less than one year of age or bears weighing less than 50 pounds.
Validation of black bear tags is only permitted by Department of Fish and Game employees. Bear tags must be countersigned before transporting such bear except for the purpose of taking it to the nearest person authorized to countersign the tag. The report card portion of the tag must be returned to the Department of Fish and Game whether a bear was taken or not.
We reserves the right to cancel a hunt at anytime due to emergency closures, quota objectives, adverse weather, or other circumstances beyond Nor-Cal Shasta Outfitters control. At that time a full refund of deposit or amendment of the contract for alternative dates will be made.